An angular, durable blasting abrasive, aluminum oxide blasting can be reused many times. It is the most widely used abrasive grain in sand blast finishing and surface preparation because of its cost, longevity, and hardness. Harder than other commonly used blasting materials, aluminum oxide penetrates and cuts even the hardest metals and sintered carbide.
Aluminum oxide blasting used as a grinding and polishing media is a cost effective and efficient media for tumbling operations that require quick edge rounding, surfacing finishing, or cleaning.
Approximately 50% lighter than metallic media, aluminum oxide abrasive grain has twice as many particles per pound. The fast-cutting action minimizes damage to thin materials by eliminating surface stresses caused by heavier, slower cutting media.
Otherwise, aluminum oxide contains less than 1.5% free silica and is therefore much safer to use than sand. The grit size is consistent and cuts much faster than sand, leaving a smoother surface. Generally, the larger the grit size, the faster aluminum oxide will cut.
Why use aluminum oxide blasting for surface preparation?
- Highly durable and reuseable long lasting
- Harder than almost abrasive media
- Removing dust and paint quickly
- Available in wide variety of grit sizes
Aluminum oxide blasting applications
- Abrasive blasting
- Cleaning of investment castings
- Anchor pattern creation for coating or bonding applications
- Surface preparation for thermal spray coatings
- Stone and granite monument lettering
- Glass etching or frosting
- Matte surface finishing
- Anti-skid surfaces
- Paint, coating, scale, rust, or contaminate removal
Contact us right now to get more information about aluminum oxide
Hotline: (+84) 90.172.1919